Saturday, November 28, 2009

WEDDING!!

 July 11, 2009- we were married at the Evans family cabin up the Weber Canyon.  It was a small gathering with a few family members and close friends.  We had a nice ceremony and dinner afterwards.  We had been praying and praying for good weather.  We checked the weather forecast that morning and it looked hopeful but there were still scattered storms possible.  We had an indoor backup in town but we were really excited to get married outside in the beautiful mountains.  About half an hour before the ceremony was supposed to start, just as everyone was arriving, the rain came, and it came hard.  Guests were being ushered in with umbrellas and everyone was asking if we were seriously going to do it!  Thankfully, the rain stopped just in time, the sun came out, and lots of people helped wipe down all the chairs. (thank you!!)

The wonderful Nicki Schmidt (who also did our announcements) played Canon as I walked down the aisle.  Check out her cool guitar.





This is Doug's best man, Matt, who also took some of our engagement photos and did ALL of my BEAUTIFUL flowers

My pretty sister / maid of honor



(hint: click on any of the pictures to see them bigger)

5 comments:

  1. So I actually commented on here when you first blogged about it...But then I started showing the pictures to Brittany, Cody's sister, and forgot to hit "post comment."

    Anyway. :)

    I LOVE all these pictures! They are so awesome and so was your wedding. I was so glad I was able to be there and be apart of it! I loooove the pic of you guys hugging-you just look so pretty and so happy!!! Yeah for being married!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the pictures! I need to get your email so I can invite you to my blog... I miss you guys! We need to play soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I LOVE the pictures, but it just reopened the wound of the fact that I was not there. :-( BUT the pics are GORGEOUS. I love the one of you guys showing off your rings! Thanks SO MUCH for posting them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such great taste. Everything looks gorgeous, especially YOU Doug. I want to be you guys when I grow up...or when I'm sick of screaming kids running around. You all rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I am so glad you finally got a chance to post these. That day really turned out perfect for you guys! Like all was in your favor. Miss ya

    ReplyDelete